Collection of Information
The financing of a motor vehicle requires a considerable accumulation of nonpublic personal information. For example, if we extend you credit at your request – We will receive information from you in order to determine your creditworthiness. We may also obtain information from a credit-reporting agency. We may also obtain information from third parties such as employers, references and insurance companies.
Some of the information we obtain from you may be required by provincial or federal agencies, such as the Ministry of Transportation or Revenue Canada. This information may be required even if you were to pay cash for your vehicle. Examples would be a driver’s license or social security number.
Protecting Your Information
Unless we have indicated our desire to share your nonpublic personal information with non-affiliated third parties (by checking the box in the section below), we share information:
- As permitted by federal or provincial law.
- For purposes of processing a sale or lease transaction as your request or authorize, such as submitting information to third party financial institutions that may be requested to take an assignment of the contract or verifying insurance coverage information.
- When using outside service providers to help us provide you with products and services. Before providing information to our service providers we enter into contractual agreements prohibiting them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purpose it was disclosed.
- With “Affiliated” companies. Companies that are affiliated with us include any company that controls us, any company we control, or any company under common control with us.
- In this consent:
- The words “I”, “me” and “my” refer to the undersigned Applicant and, if applicable, to each of the undersigned Co-Applicants, jointly and severally, and (b) the words “you” and “your” refers to each of Second Chance Finance, Dealer, and each Financier and their respective successors and assigns.
- “use” or “using” includes collecting, copying, storing, maintaining, updating, sharing, transferring, disclosing, and providing access to Personal Information (as defined below).
- “Personal Information” means all information about me, and includes my name, address, telephone number, date of birth, social insurance number, driver’s license number, mother’s maiden name, my employment history, income, and information concerning my credit, information obtained through a credit reporting agency or credit investigation or from a credit bureau or financial institution or other person or entity, and all information provided by and relating to me in any credit application.
- “Transaction” means any credit application, price quote, purchase, lease, financing, and/or service of any motor vehicle, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, watercraft, or other asset by or for me, whether in my own name or on behalf of another person or entity.
- I certify that all information provided by me in any credit application or other documentation given in connection with the Transaction is true, accurate and complete in all respects.
- I AUTHORIZE AND CONSENT TO YOUR USE OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSE OF INITIATING, PROCESSING OR EXECUTING ANY TRANSACTION REQUESTED BY ME AND FOR ANY REASONABLE PURPOSE RELATED THERETO.
I consent to Second Chance Finance, Dealer, and each Financier using my Personal Information: (1) for the purposes of meeting legal, regulatory, audit, processing and security purposes (including fraud prevention); (2) as described in their respective privacy notices, if any; and (3) as permitted or required by Canadian or applicable foreign law. You may use aggregate or otherwise non-identifying information for any purpose. I acknowledge that the use of my Personal Information is subject to the privacy notices of Dealer, Second Chance Finance and the Financiers.
- I AUTHORIZE YOU TO CONDUCT CREDIT INVESTIGATIONS CONCERNING ME FROM TIME TO TIME IN CONNECTION WITH A TRANSACTION. I CONSENT TO YOU EXCHANGING MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANY CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY, CREDIT BUREAU, OR FINANCIER IN CONNECTION WITH A TRANSACTION AND CONSENT TO YOU DISCLOSING MY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO EACH OTHER.
- I consent to Second Chance Finance using my Personal Information to create aggregated and anonymous information that may be used for Second Chance Finance’s business purposes.
- I consent to Second Chance Finance using agents and service providers to use my Personal Information on behalf of Second Chance Finance and its affiliates. I acknowledge and understand that some of these service providers may be located in jurisdictions outside of Canada which may have privacy laws, regulations or standards different from those in Canada, including lawful requirements to disclose information to government authorities. Second Chance Finance will use reasonable means to protect my personal information in those jurisdictions.
- I acknowledge that I may update any Personal Information retained by Second Chance Finance by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling 877-702-5781.